Car accidents are frightening, stressful, and sometimes devastating experiences for
all involved. This is why it is essential you prepare yourself for the
worst every time you get behind the wheel, as accidents occur more commonly
than one would believe. Preparation is the ultimate form of protection,
and it will help you circumvent a number of preventable and unnecessary
Consider the following tips in the event of a car accident:
- Familiarize yourself with the ins and outs of your auto insurance policy,
including the details regarding liability or uninsured motorist. Understanding
coverages can get confusing, which is why you shouldn’t hesitate
to reach out to your agent or broker for clarification.
- Check yourself and your passengers for any injuries, and call the police.
- You may consider calling your insurance company, but not before checking
with your lawyer.
- Exchange contact and insurance information with the other party.
- Never admit to fault, even if the accident was indeed your fault.
- Take pictures, gather evidence, and keep track of any repairs your vehicle
- Be extra careful in parking lots due to the lack of lacks, lanes, or signs,
because they are held to the same standards of roads.
- Always wear your seatbelt, and ensure any passengers in your vehicle wear
theirs as well.
Contact Our Palm Springs Injury Lawyers Today
Have you been involved in a car accident and aren’t sure what you
should do next? If so, our experienced and skilled legal team of Cohn
& Swartzon, P.C. wants to advocate for justice on your behalf. Comprised
of experienced, determined, and skilled Palm Springs
injury lawyers, you have nothing to fear when you have us on your side. Don’t
hesitate to enlist in the comprehensive legal counsel, care, and representation
To schedule an initial consultation with a member of our firm,
contact us by calling